1tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Carrot, chopped
1 Kg Ripe Tomatoes, quartered (* Select ripe, full-flavoured tomatoes)
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
5 Sprigs of fresh Thyme , Oregano & Parsely
1 Bay Leaf
3 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
Salt and Ground black pepper
1. Heat Olive oil in a large, preferably stainless-steel pan or flameproof casserole.
2. Add the onion and carrot and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until just softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the quartered tomatoes, chopped garlic and herbs. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Discard the bay leaf and press the soup through a strainer. Stir in the yogurt or sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cool, then chill in the refrigerator. Serve with a garnish of yogurt.
I hope you enjoy the soup!